- 1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
2. Information we collect
In operating our Website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- 2.1 Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- 2.2 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
- 2.3 Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including: the timing, frequency and pattern of service use)
- 2.4 Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
3. Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- 3.1 To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you.
- 3.2 To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- 3.3 To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- 3.4 If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- 3.5 To send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- 3.6 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
4. Storing your personal data
- 4.1 Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- 4.2 The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
5. Disclosing your information
- 5.1 Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information within our operational group of companies.
- 5.2 We may disclose your personal information:
- 5.2.1 to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- 5.2.2 in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- 5.2.3 in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- 5.3 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
7. Security of personal information
- 7.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- 7.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers.
- 7.3 All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- 7.4 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- 7.5 You are responsible for keeping any password you use for accessing our software system confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our asbestos management system).
8. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £30 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
- 9.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- 9.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
10. Our details
- 10.1 This website is owned and operated by Scope iT Ltd.
- 10.2 We are registered in Manchester under VAT 168 289 755 and our principal place of business is Unit 14, The Quad, Atherleigh Business Park, Gibfield Park Avenue, Atherton, Manchester, M46 0SY.
- 10.3 You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 01942 879 067.