Asbestos Management Plans
Under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012), regulation 4 places an explicit “Duty to Manage Asbestos” on the duty holder. This includes building owners, landlords and managing agents and means that they have to manage asbestos containing materials (ACMs) within their buildings, and the associated risk. To do this, a written management plan must be produced which identifies all the ACMs present within the building, and how they will be managed.
The plan must be regularly reviewed and monitored to ensure that it remains relevant and up to date.
AtScope iTwe have extensive knowledge and experience of preparing and developing Asbestos Management Plans. By working closely with our clients, we can tailor make specific packages to encompass all their needs. The asbestos management plan will:-
- Identify and outline how you intend to manage the associated risks with ACMs identified during the asbestos survey
- Identify who is responsible for managing asbestos within the premises and provide training and instruction on how to implement the management plan
- Produce an asbestos register from the asbestos survey, which details the location and current condition of identified ACMs
- Meet with the client to explain the details of the management plan and its effective implementation
- Inform key stakeholders about your decisions
- Regularly review and update the plan to ensure that it remains current and suitable for the client’s needs